Netflix is the streaming service that lets you watch your favorite family movies whenever and wherever you want. With a library of great titles, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re looking for a light-hearted comedy or an edge-of-your-seat thriller, Netflix has the perfect movie for your next family gathering.
Netflix keeps track of how you are rating the movies and then able to make recommendations. Netflix has invested heavily in the Netflix Recommendation Engine (NRE). This engine is made of algorithms that map user history and ratings of thousands of titles using a thousand plus recommendation clusters. Many other streaming sites provide recommendations too. However, the Netflix engine is known to be more advanced and gives Netflix a big edge.
Some of the data points for the recommendations are:
- Time a move is watched
- User demographics (age, gender, location)
- Selections made during signup
- If a movie is watched with a lot of fast-forwarding
- If a movie is completed
- If a series is watched and how long it takes a viewer to watch it
- Searches for the movie
- Location of the viewer
For Netflix recommendation to work at signup, Netflix asks viewers to make selections. Netflix needs this data to make recommendations. If you are looking for some pointers, some of our favorites on Netflix are:
- Despicable Me 2: In this sequel, Gru has to figure out how to be a father and provide for his family. As he faces these challenges, the Anti-Villain League recruits Gru to fight crime. Gru is played by Steve Carell.
- The Mitchells vs. The Machines: A simple family trip turns into an adventure when a robot uprising begins. The family has to work together and save the planet. The new technological revolution requires help from two friendly robots.
- The Karate Kid: A classic with two sequels (also available on Netflix). The repairman played by Pat Morita trains the bullied Daniel played by Ralph Macchio. Pat Morita turns out to be a martial arts expert. He not only teaches Daniel but provides many life lessons.
- Mirai: A beautifully told story of a four-year-old whose life changes when a new baby arrives. Kun feels forgotten and runs away from home. Kun finds himself in a magical garden that acts as a time-traveling gateway.
- John Mulaney & The Sack Lunch Bunch: Maybe not the best for younger kids, this movie has enough musicals to keep them engaged.
Xfinity Internet is the perfect broadband for watching movies on the Internet. With lightning-fast speeds and unlimited data, you can stay connected without ever having to worry about going over your data limit. Plus, Xfinity makes it easy to keep up with all of your favorite platforms – whether you’re on Amazon Prime, Netflix, or Disney+.
Ratings For Kids
Making choices about what movies to watch can be hard – there are so many options! But with Common Sense Media, it’s easy. Common Sense Media helps you find the best films for your family by rating them based on important factors like violence, sex, and language. So whether you’re looking for a heartwarming animated movie or a thriller that will keep everyone on the edge of their seats, they have got you covered. Plus, their reviews give you more information about each title so you can decide if it’s right for your family. So next time movie night rolls around, don’t spend hours agonizing over what to watch – just head to Common Sense Media! Movies are evaluated based on age appropriateness with ratings for ages 2 to 18. Besides movies, other media are covered too: games, books, apps, TV shows, and websites. Movies and other media have a huge impact on the social and emotional well-being of kids.
Besides Netflix, there are many other on-demand movie websites including Amazon Prime, Hulu, Peacock, Disney+ and Paramount+. Good Internet connectivity is a must as video requires substantial network bandwidth. If you try watching a movie with a slow connection, there will be many network-caused pauses and lags with a choppy overall experience.
If you try to stream a high-resolution video with a slow internet connection, your stream may lag or become choppy.
Netflix is great for watching movies as when the connectivity is not good Netflix streams content at lower resolution. This does negatively impact the movie-watching experience. For us, broadband internet provides reliable and high-quality Internet connectivity making sure a good seamless entertainment experience is available.